“CALL TO ARTISTS”
2017 Texas Hill Country Fall Fine Art Show & Sale
Boerne Professional Artists (BPA) will host their premier art show & sale in the Cana Ballroom of St. Peter the Apostle Catholic Church in Boerne, on October 20 – 22 of this year. BPA members and guest artists from the Hill Country, Coastal Bend and surrounding regions will be participating. It promises to be the largest in the 15-year history of this special fall event. Additional details can be found at: boerneart.com
Registration Process and Calendar:
Registration and payment can be made at boerneart.com
Boerne Professional Artist Members: $250
Non-Member Artists: $350
June 1, 2017: Registration and payment for BPA members and previously invited guest artists. Priority registration will be given to all BPA members, then to previously invited guest artists. Any BPA member may endorse one new, non-member artist at this time and these artists will be considered on a space-available basis.
August 1, 2017: Deadline for registration and payment of fees.
Acceptance into the Texas Hill Country Fall Fine art Show & Sale Invitational will be based on the following criteria:
1. BPA members who register and pay entry fee on or before August 1.
2. Previously invited guest artists who register and pay entry fee on or
before August 1.
3. New BPA member-endorsed artists who register and pay entry fee
before August 1.
Notification of Acceptance:
All artists accepted to the show will be notified on or before August 15. Entry fees will be refunded in the case of non-acceptance.
If space in the show is still available after August 15, registration will be open to invited Hill Country area art leagues. Jury fee of $25 is included in the $350, therefore, if the artist is not accepted in to the show, a refund minus the jury fee will be refunded ($325).
Registration forms for the following categories can be found at: boerneart.com
* BPA Members
* Previously Invited Artists
* New BPA Member-Endorsed Artists
* All others please send inquiries to the event manager at: email@example.com
Friday, October 20, 2017
Set up art panels, lighting, pedestals and tables. All participating artists are expected to help with set-up and tear-down or provide a “helper” to take their place. This is a job that all participants benefit from, and the more hands we have to help, the lighter the workload is for us all.
Hanging can begin when the set-up is complete and must be finished by
5:00 pm. Please unload your vehicle and move it immediately to a parking
place away from the drop-off area. Make room for your fellow artists to unload. It’s always a good idea to pre-plan your space. This will expedite your limited set-up time.
6 - 9pm
OPENING NIGHT: “Sponsor Appreciation Night”
This will be the only evening event this year.
Saturday, October 21, 2017
10am - 5pm
NO food will be served on this day. (No coffee or water, so please bring your own). There will be a food truck available.
Sunday, October 22, 2017
10am - 3pm
NO food or drink will be served on this day. (No coffee or water, so please bring your own). No work can be taken down before 3pm or before the traffic has stopped. Please remove your work when given the go-ahead and return to help with tear-down. This process takes less than two hours and is easy with everyone helping.
2-D Hanging Artists:
* Again, this year we will be offering four panels for hanging work, 12 linear feet of hanging space in an equal-sided, right angle configuration.
* Velcro hangers and lighting will be provided.
* Artwork and tables MUST NOT extend beyond the panels.
* If your work is heavy and not secure using the velcro hangers, please bring attractive alternative hangers that will work with the panels. Check out propanels.com. They have a nice cable set-up that works well.
* All artwork should be new original works and giclee prints that have not been previously shown in the Cana Ballroom.
* Tables are available if needed. The allotted space will be 36 sq. ft. Configurations will vary, but we will work to accommodate your needs. You are welcome to ring your own display to give yourself more
* Panels will NOT be available to 3-D artists.
* Please provide your own tablecloths to cover tables (must be BLACK and hang all the way to the floor).
Notes for All Artists:
* Floor easels, print bins and note cards are not allowed.
* No work, with the exception of large bronze sculpture, may be placed on the floor.
* All work must be for sale.
* Artists may bring one small table (TV tray size) covered with a tablecloth (must be BLACK and hang all the way to the floor) to hold business cards, sales book, flowers, etc. Wrapping supplies should be kept under the table and out of sight.
* Each artist will be provided a chair.
* A few sculpture stands are available for artists displaying sculpture along
with their 2-D work. Please note your desire to have one or more on your registration form. This will also be on an availability basis with priority going to 3-D sculptures.
* The majority of art shown must be ORIGINAL work by the artist. One-third of the artist’s work may be fine quality reproductions. All reproductions must be clearly labeled as “REPRODUCTION” or “PRINT”. You may use the word “GICLEE” but also include the word “REPRODUCTION” or “PRINT” on the price tag. We don’t want to mislead any of our patrons.
*In the case of photography, most of the art needs to be low-numbered,
* Guest artists may display only one kind of art (framed art, sculpture, clay art, jewelry, textiles, glass art, etc.).
* Artists are responsible for selling and promoting their own art. All sales are to be handled by the artist. Artists need to be present during the majority of the show and should make arrangements for a representative when they are not in attendance.
* Please eat your lunch on the lovely patio area just outside the Ballroom. Ask your “neighbor” artist to please watch your space and offer to do the same for him or her.
* No “Show Special” or “Sunday Discounts” signs will be allowed. You may negotiate any price you want but only on an individual basis.
In all matters regarding the
Texas Hill Country Fall Fine Art Show & Sale,
the event manager’s decisions will be final.
PAYMENT INFO - use links above
Click here for Endorsed Artists Info & Form
Jury fee ($50)
BPA Member ($250)
Non BPA Member ($350)
Boerne Professional Artists
Texas Hill Country
Fall Fine Art Show & Sale
October 20, 21 & 22
@ Cana Ballroom in Historic Boerne, Texas
Saturday & Sunday
Show, Sale and Artist Demonstrations and Talks
2017 Marks Our 15th Year of This Premier Show
Call for Artists will be going out by mid-May.
If you would like this information when it is available,
please send an e-mail with your contact information
to our Committee Chair Kathleen McBride
$50 Jury Fee. There are stipulations here -- No Jury Fee for BPA members; No Jury Fee for non-members who have been recommended by a member. $350 for the FFA, $250 if you are a BPA member